INFORMATION SYSTEM AUDIT
Everyone is aware of the need for information security in today's highly networked business environment. Information is arguably among an enterprise's most valuable assets, so its protection from predators from both within and outside has taken center stage as an IT priority. Information System Audit encompasses a comprehensive review and evaluation of automated information processing systems, related non-automated processes and the interface between them.
Formerly known as Electronic data processing (EDP) audit, an IT audit is the process of collecting and evaluating evidence of an organization's information systems, practices, and operations. Obtained evidence evaluation can ensure whether the organization's information systems safeguard assets, maintains data integrity, and is operating effectively and efficiently to achieve the organization's goals or objectives. IT audits are also known as automated data processing (ADP) audits and computer audits. An information technology (IT) audit or information systems (IS) audit is an examination of the controls within an entity's Information technology infrastructure. At D. Batra & Co., these reviews are performed in conjunction with a financial statement audit, internal audit, or other form of attestation engagement.
The team leader at D. Batra & Co. is qualified Information System Auditor holding post qualification certification, securing FIRST POSITION in the NIRC of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. At DBC, our emphasis is on ensuring strong internal control systems to minimize the risk of accidental or deliberate errors and omissions. Our objective is to ensure that resources of the organization are optimized to deliver maximum possible value. We provide Post Migration Audit Certification to clients switching from manual legacy systems to Automated processes. This is also used as part of due- diligence procedure.
Areas covered by D. Batra & Co. under Information System Audit
- Systems and Applications: an audit to verify that systems and applications are appropriate to the entity's needs, are efficient, and are adequately controlled to ensure valid, reliable, timely, and secure input, processing, and output at all levels of a system's activity.
- Information Processing Facilities: an audit to verify that the processing facility is controlled to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient processing of applications under normal and potentially disruptive conditions.
- Systems Development: an audit to verify that the systems under development meet the objectives of the organization, and to ensure that the systems are developed in accordance with generally accepted standards for systems development.
- Management of IT and Enterprise Architecture: an audit to verify that IT management has developed an organizational structure and procedures to ensure a controlled and efficient environment for information processing.
- Client/Server, Telecommunications, Intranets, and Extranets: an audit to verify that controls are in place on the client (computer receiving services), server, and on the network connecting the clients and servers.
Click to make a request for IT Audit service and related information.